Oldham County Health Department is pleased to announce that the Food Protection Manager Certification is available online!
As of July 1, 2019, all Kentucky food facilities are required to have at least one certified food protection manager on duty. As per the Kentucky Retail Food Code, 902 KAR 45:005, certification may be obtained through any accredited food protection manager certification program OR through an approved local health department food manager course.
This online training is convenient and affordable. The certification program can be accessed at the following link and works best with Google Chrome, which can be downloaded here.
The Food Manager Course is divided into seven modules which may be completed in one sitting or paused at any time. Each module will take approximately 30 minutes to an hour to complete. Progress will be saved under each user's profile after registration. To complete a module, you must complete a short quiz. You cannot move forward to the next module without completing the quiz. After successful completion of the program, you may print your Food Protection Manager Certification certificate.
- Click the link below to access the site or enter https://ky-ochd.statecert.com/login
- Select "Register" in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- Enter all information as requested. **You will receive a confirmation mail. You must confirm this email to complete your profile.**
- Log in using the email and password developed during registration.
- Select "Get New License"
- Select "Food Manager Certification"
- There is a charge of $80 for the course, which can be paid online via a secure payment portal.
- Enter payment information.
- Complete each module and associated quizzes/test(s).
- Print certificate for your records and employer.
NOTE: All food establishments are required to have at least one Certified Food Manager on duty at all times. Should you wish to have other staff trained in basic food safety as well, you may access a food handler course using the same instructions above for a fee of $25.
Accredited Certified Food Protection Manager Programs include those using testing materials from the following Nationally Accredited Programs:
- National Restaurant Solutions - ServSafe program
- Prometric (formerly Experior Assessment)
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- 360 degree Training (360training.com)
- Above Training/StateFoodSafety.com