Adult Immunizations

You never outgrow the need for vaccines. The specific immunizations you need as an adult are determined by factors such as your age, lifestyle, high-risk conditions, type and locations of travel, and previous immunizations. Throughout your adult life, you need immunizations to obtain and maintain protection against: flu, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, shingles, pneumococcal, HPV, etc.


Anyone 6 months or older


Females 26 years and younger; males 24 years and younger



Adults 50 years and older


Adults 65 years and older and adults with specific health conditions



One booster dose for adults through age 64 years and for adults who will have close contact with infants and have not received the Tdap vaccine.


Those that protect against Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Chickenpox (varicella), and measles, mumps and rubella.

Advocate for your family

Your need for immunizations does not end when you reach adulthood. In fact, the need for immunization remains just as strong as when you were a vulnerable child. As adults, we must continue to maintain our own health because we are also affecting the health of our families by teaching them how to care for themselves.

Encourage other adults in your family to check with their doctors for immunizations they may need to help protect against vaccine-preventable diseases. Childhood vaccinations will not protect you for the rest of your life.

Be the example! Remind your family, friends, co-workers, and those in the community to get vaccinated each year against seasonal influenza. If they are up-to-date on all of their vaccinations, they protect themselves and those around them, especially babies too young to be vaccinated.

Vaccination Record Request

If you have ever received a vaccination at our health center, the Health Department should still have a copy of the immunization record available. If you are searching for an immunization record and believe you received the vaccination through the Health Department, please call 502-222-3516.

If you received a vaccination outside of the Health Department, there are a few options for obtaining an immunization record. Contact the provider who administered the vaccination. They should have an immunization record. If that does not work, this website has helpful tips to assist you in tracking down immunization records.

If you are trying to transfer immunization records onto an immunization certificate for school or child care, you can do so by bringing the immunization record to the health department and requesting the certificate. This usually takes 24 to 48 hours.