Oldham County has a Registered Dietician that provides one-on-one nutrition counseling as well as community education for the public. Feel free to call the health department to schedule a presentation or cooking demonstration. Nutrition counseling is by appointment only.
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Visits are scheduled by appointment.
- Initial appointment may last up to an hour
- Variety of health conditions can be discussed based on patient need
- A diet history and assessment are done before an individual meal plan is created
- Services are either sliding scale or paid for by insurance (Humana, Anthem, Passport, Medicaid, Medicare).
For information about Healthy Eating please see http://www.eatright.org/
You may also enjoy reading how to eat more fruits and vegetables. Click here.