Interested in a schedule for our upcoming diabetes courses? Contact Lisa Arvin, RD, LD for more information!
502-222-3516 x 145
All classes are FREE.
Classes are taught by registered nurse(s) and a registered dietitian. Class content includes:
- What is Diabetes?
- Monitoring and management
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Problem solving
- Acute complications
- Long term complications
- Goal setting
- Foot, dental and skin care for people with Diabetes
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Visits are scheduled by appointment.
- Initial appointment may last up to an hour
- Variety of health conditions can be discussed based on patient need
- A diet history and assessment are done before an individual meal plan is created
- Services are either sliding scale or paid for by insurance (Humana, Anthem, Passport, Medicaid, Medicare)
Individual Visits with a Registered Nurse for Diabetes Education
- Visits are scheduled by appointment
- A registered nurse will counsel patients on a variety of topics related to diabetes including but not limited to:
- foot care
- dental care
- long term complications
- yearly schedule of tests needed for diabetes management
- review of lab values
- monitoring & management of blood sugar
- Periodic food exam