Local Health Nurse III
Join the OCHD team as an R.N. to promote a safe and health community!
- Provides or assists in providing a variety of nursing services to high-risk population or the general public, plans/implements services within public health guidelines.
- Will play a vital role in delivery of the WIC program to support healthier pregnancies and births, will promote healthy food choices in accordance with nutrition education protocols and improve access to breastfeeding support in the clinic and community setting.
- Will be part of the Communicable Disease prevention team in various capacities including delivery of the KY Immunization program.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: Current KY R.N. license or current license from compact state. Minimum of two (2) years R.N. experience. Basic computer and customer services skills required.
Salary: $21.16 – $26.75 negotiable with additional experience. Monday-Friday flexible schedule to be considered with excellent medical, dental insurance coverage options.
Salary increase after 6 months and at one year with completed training!
Applications may be obtained at the Oldham County Health Department,
1786 Commerce Parkway, LaGrange, KY. 502.222.3516 or https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/dafm/lhpb/Pages/vacancies.aspx
Completed application/transcript must be returned by close of business November 1, 2019 to Dee Dee Yantz, Director of Administrative Services.
Resume will not substitute for completed application.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants in this classification will be required to submit to a drug screening and background check.
Senior Support Services Associate I – Clinical
JOIN the OLDHAM COUNTY Health Department Team!!
Full -Time / Senior Support Services Associate I – Clinical.
CAREER TRAINING PROVIDED:
- This entry level position will be part of a Public Health team which delivers various preventive health services. Our registration clerks assist clients with enrollment into State/Federal health programs such as WIC, Family Planning, Cancer Screening, and Contagious Disease prevention.
- Training will be provided to maintain confidential and professional management of patient medical records according to State and Federal regulations
- Courteous collection of demographic information, verification of insurance and scheduling patient appointments offers opportunity for growth in the clinic setting.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: High School Diploma or GED, customer service and/or medical services background is preferred but not required.
Starting Salary: 10-$12.41/hr negotiable with additional experience. Salary increases after 6 months and one year with completed training! M-F schedule and excellent medical/dental insurance options. Position accumulates generous vacation and sick leave each pay period.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED: Oldham County Health Department
1786 Commerce Parkway, LaGrange, KY 40031
HOW TO APPLY: RETURN A SIGNED APPLICATION & TRANSCRIPT by November 22, 2019 to:
ATTENTION: Ms. Dee Dee Yantz
Resume & application may ALSO be emailed to: DeloisR.Yantz@ky.gov
DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO FACEBOOK.
A drug screen and background check is required for employment.
OCHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.